Friday, July 4, 2008

Making the trip to Trujillo

Travel to Peru was quite a journey. We started our journey with a trip from Phoenix to Houston, where we had a nice little layover while we waited for our flight to Lima. Mitch took this time to do the first devotion of the trip, which was much better than just sitting around doing nothing:


When we finally got onto our flight to Peru, I realized something. My company really spoils me when I travel! The flight to Peru was a loong flight, even though it was reallyonly about 6 hours long. It felt like a lifetime!

When we finally got to Lima, we had another wait in store for us. Our flight to Trujillo didn't leave until the following morning. We had to wait 10 hours, overnight, in the airport. Yeah!

Some of us were able to use the time to sleep. I wasn't so lucky. I just kept getting more and more exhausted, and would look at the others who were sleeping with envy: Luckily, all things like this come to an end, and we finally got onto our plane for Trujillo. When we arrived at our hostal, the only thing we all wanted to do was SLEEP! Luckily for us, that's all we had to do. We got checked in, went to our rooms, and quickly fell asleep.

We ended the day having dinner with Mike and Danell (the missionaries who are here for our church). Tomorrow starts our first day with the people from the barrio.

No comments: