Saturday, July 5, 2008

My first morning in Trujillo

So, we finished our first day here. So far, the trip has been okay. This morning was pretty funny. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to make a ¨"\" on this computer, and I needed it to login to my email account. I noticed the keyboard here is quite a bit different than our keyboards back home. It will take a little getting used to. Hope you don't mind the lack of punctuation. Hopefully, I will figure out how make an apostrophe before the end of the trip.

Today, we go into the barrio to pick up some of the leaders that we will be working with. After that, we are having a "fun" day, where we play sports with them and possibly go swimming/surfing. The water part should be interesting, considering that is currently about 60F here. I get the impression I did not pack correctly, since I only brought one sweatshirt. Everything else is short-sleeved shirts. Oh well, God will provide.

I´m off for now. Need to get ready to eat breakfast. Esaiah and I woke up today at 6:30am and is 7:20am now. Breakfast starts in 10 minutes and we need to leave our hostal by 8:30am. Time to move...

No comments: